Jacob Javits Convention Center | New York Events
Jacob Javits Center is New York City's largest convention complex for all NYC Trade Shows and New York Events and is located on Manhattan's far west side. Opened in 1986, the Jacob Javits Center was designed by I. M. Pei and partners, and replaced the Coliseum on Columbus Circle.
The Jacob Javits Center can accommodate up to six events and 85,000 visitors at the same time. The Jacob Javits Center welcomes over 3 million visitors annually for the various NYC Conventions, NYC Trade Shows and NYC Meetings that are held there.
Jacob Javits Center Location:
The Jacob Javits Center is located between 38th and 34th Streets from 11th to 12th Avenues on Manhattan's far West Side.
Getting to the Jacob Javits Center:
- The closest NYC Subway stop to the Jacob Javits Center is the A/C/E at 34th/8th Avenue.
- The M42 and M34 both make stops at the Jacob Javits Center. The M42 runs along 42nd Street and the M34 runs along 34th Street.
- Cabs are a convenient option for getting to the Jacob Javits Center. From Times Square a cab will cost about $6 - $8, including tip.
Hotels near the Jacob Javits Center:
There are many Times Square Hotels to choose from in New York City including Milford Plaza Hotel – A Times Square Hotel. The Milford Plaza Hotel is located a block from NYC’s Times Square and close to many Manhattan Activities, NYC City Tours, Manhattan Events and NYC Shopping, New York City Restaurants and NYC Landmarks including Jacob Javits Center for NYC Trade Shows and New York Events.
View our NYC Hotel Special Offers >
Check Rates or Make Reservations > or call: 888-352-3650
Jacob Javits Center Visitor Tips:
- Register for the NYC Trade Show or Event in advance whenever possible. It will save you a significant amount of time once you arrive at the Jacob Javits Center.
- If you're attending a popular NYC Event, dress for the weather, Winter or Summer. Lines to enter Jacob Javits Center can be very long and whether you’re standing in the snow or the blistering sun – it can be uncomfortable.
- Bring a bottle (or 2) of water if you want to avoid paying $3 for Bottled Water inside the Jacob Javits Center. Often there are vendors right outside the Jacob Javits Center selling bottles of water for about $1.00 to $2.00.
- If your NYC Event or NYC Trade Show offers a floor plan online, print it out in advance of the Trade Show and plot out your route before you arrive. This way you’re sure not to miss important exhibitors that you may miss if you just ‘walk the floor.’
- Food tends to be overpriced and lines can be long during peak times at NYC Trade Shows, so bring a lunch or snacks with you and visit the food vendors during off-peak times.
- If you find a long line at the restroom, head outside the exhibitors area to find additional facilities. Bathrooms just outside the actual conference entrances tend to be less crowded.
- Taxis can be hard to come by when the NYC Eventor NYC Trade Show closes for the day. The best bet is to reserve a car service before the Event ends – this costs a few dollars more than a regular Taxi but it’s worth it when you don’t have to wait an hour in the freezing Winter Weather.
About The Milford - A Times Square Hotel:
The Milford is located in the heart of Times Square, surrounded by the Broadway Theater District, New York Restaurants and Nightclubs, the NY Subway, New York Shopping, New York Tours and more – and is completing a $140 million renovation to remain among the best NYC Hotels in Manhattan.
The Milford features 1,300 all new Guest Rooms and Guest Suites, a Lounge, Fitness Room, and Accommodations that will impress Guests worldwide.
This historic Times Square Hotel is perfectly located near all NYC Activities and Attractions that bring visitors to Manhattan – for business or pleasure. Jacob Javits Convention Center, the financial district, Madison Square Garden, MOMA, Central Park, the Rockefeller Center, Greenwich Village, the Empire State Building, and much more is within minutes by walk or ride. Come see the best of NYC and stay at The Milford – the favored destination for a Times Square Hotel.
Visiting New York? Choose Milford Plaza Hotel - A Times Square Hotel located close to Times Square, Javits Center, Madison Square Garden and Rockefeller Center.
Take a Photo Tour of Milford Plaza Hotel - a Times Square Hotel.