Museum of Modern Art | MoMA | New York Museums
Founded in 1929 as the first museum dedicated entirely to contemporary art, the MoMA is home to an impressive collection of modern artistic efforts. The impressive permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art features numerous famous works of art, and ever-changing exhibitions ensure that even repeat visitors won't get bored.
- The Museum of Modern Art Address: 11 West 53 Street - between 5th and 6th Avenues.
- The Museum of Modern Art Phone: 212-708-9400.
- Nearest Subways to The Museum of Modern Art: E or V to Fifth Avenue/53 Street; B, D, or F to 47/50 Streets/Rockefeller Center.
- The Museum of Modern Art Hours: 10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Open until 8 p.m. on Friday nights) Closed Tuesdays, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas day.
The Museum of Modern Art Admission:
- Adults: $20, Students: $12, Seniors over 65 (with ID): $16. Children under 16 accompanied by an adult: free. Free admission during Target Free Fridays from 4 - 8 p.m.
There are many New York Hotels to choose from in New York City including Milford Plaza Hotel – A Times Square Hotel. The Milford Plaza Hotel is located a block from NYC’s Times Square and close to many NYC Activities, Manhattan City Tours, Manhattan Events and NYC Shopping, New York City Restaurants and NYC Landmarks including Museum of Modern Art and many other NYC Museum’s and NYC Sightseeing Landmarks
View our NYC Hotel Special Offers >
Check Rates or Make Reservations > or call: 888-352-3650
The Museum of Modern Art in Detail:
- First opened in 1929, the Museum of Modern Art was the first museum in the world to focus on modern art. The MoMA's permanent collection features 135,000 paintings, prints, photographs, drawings, sculptures, films, and design objects. Additionally, the Museum of Modern Art hosts an ever changing series of temporary exhibitions. Since the redesign and expansion of the Museum of Modern Art, its Manhattan location has nearly 50% more exhibition space on its 6 floors.
- The Museum of Modern Art’s collection can be broken down into six categories Architecture and Design, Drawings, Film and Media, Painting and Sculpture, Photography, and Prints and Illustrated Books. It would be virtually impossible to see the Museum's entire collection in a single visit, but daily Gallery Talks and the self-guided audio tours can greatly enhance your visit to the Museum of Modern Art.
- The Museum of Modern Art also offers an array of programs oriented toward children and families. You can also pick up the Ford Family Guide any information booth and the audio tour features a specific program geared toward engaging children with the art through interactive dialog and music.
About The Milford Hotel - A New York Hotel
Milford Plaza Hotel is located in the heart of New York City, surrounded by Times Square, the Broadway Theater district, Manhattan’s best Restaurants and Nightclubs, the Empire State Building, the subway, NYC Shopping and more – and is undergoing a $140 million renovation to remain among the best NYC Hotels in Manhattan with 1,300 completely remodeled Guest Rooms and Guest Suites.
The Milford Hotel recently completed all new Guest Rooms and is renovating the Lounge, Fitness Room, and accommodations that will impress Guests worldwide. This historic Times Square Hotel is perfectly located near all NYC Activities and Attractions that bring visitors to Manhattan – for business or pleasure. Jacob Javits Convention Center, the financial district, Madison Square Garden, MOMA, Central Park, the Rockefeller Center, Greenwich Village, and much more is within minutes by walk or ride. Come see the best of NYC and stay at The Milford Plaza Hotel – the favored destination for a Times Square Hotel.
Visiting New York? Choose Milford Plaza Hotel - A New York Hotel located close to all New York Activities and New York Attractions; Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and more.
Take a Photo Tour of Milford Plaza Hotel - a New York Hotel.